Earlier messages: Call for papers
We are inviting submissions for the special issue of Estonian Journal of Education (Eesti Haridusteaduste Ajakiri), Vol. 6 No. 2, the topic of which is subject didactics and scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL). The editors of the issue are Associate Professor of Higher Education Teaching Mari Karm from the University of Tartu, Associate Professor of General Didactics Katrin Poom-Valickis from Tallinn University and Professor of Mathematics Education Markku Hannula from the University of Helsinki. This special issue is scheduled to be published in November 2019.
Estonian Journal of Education is an international, peer-reviewed journal. The journal is interdisciplinary in nature and aims to open up critical discussion and debate across subject areas by involving all those who share a commitment to the field of education. The journal uses Open Journal Systems (OJS) and will be published in collaboration with the University of Tartu and Tallinn University by the University of Tartu Press twice a year. The journal is indexed in the databases Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) and EBSCO Academic Search Complete. It has been submitted for inclusion in Thomson Reuters ISI Web of Science as well as Scopus database. All articles have a DOI number.
In the forthcoming special issue, we welcome articles in the field of subject didactics and SoTL-related areas. The articles should introduce studies from the area of subject didactics as well as action research on the development and analysis of the teaching and learning process at university. The possible subtopics are as follows:
- innovative approaches in subject didactics (e.g., study materials, technology, study forms);
- cooperation between university and school in development and application of subject didactics;
- university teachers studying teaching and learning and developing their own teaching practices;
- developing a learning-centered approach to teaching at school and university level.
The deadlines for the publication are as follows:
- Author(s) will send the topic of the article(s) accompanied by the abstract in Estonian to Mari Karm (firstname.lastname@example.org). The abstract of no more than 200 words should summarise the theory of research, the objective(s), the methodology as well as the (expected) outcomes of the study – 24 September 2018.
- The editors send confirmation about the acceptance of the manuscripts to the corresponding authors – 8 October 2018.
- The authors will submit properly formatted manuscripts with a summary in English – 21 January 2019.
- The editors will inform the authors about the review results – 11 March 2019.
- The authors will revise the manuscripts suggested by the reviewers – 1 April 2019.
- Second revision of the manuscripts by the authors (if necessary) – 22 April 2019.
- Language editing of the manuscripts – June–August 2019.
- Lay-out of the journal at University of Tartu Press – September–October 2019.
- Date of final publication – 1 November 2019.
Information about the journal as well as the requirements for the submitted manuscripts can be found on the journal’s website (http://eha.ut.ee/en/). For further enquiries, please contact Krista Uibu (email@example.com).